Thursday, May 21, 2009

What have we been up to since the weekend?

Wow, I have been doing a lot of blogging tonight. I knew if I didn't sit down and catch up it would never get done. This weekend is Memorial Day weekend and that means it is lake time! I know it has taken me along time to get all the birthday pictures up and I have still been taking pictures (big surprise, I know!) this week, just haven't posted them until now. So here is what we have been doing this week:

Playing with new toys! We brought some of our new toys to work since this is where we spend a majority of our waking hours. By the time we get home in the afternoon there is not a lot of playtime between dinner and bathtime and then bed. Going to bed at 7:30 really cuts into your evening...but it sure makes it nice for mommy and daddy to enjoy a quiet evening!
When we got home Monday night there was a present sitting by our front door. I told Emma not to expect presents everyday, that is not the way things work. Lindsay and dropped a present by for Emma from her and Zed. Emma is getting the hang of opening the presents now. We she got this one open it was a new baby doll! It is a special baby doll that can get in the bath and floats! You guessed it-she took it in the bath with her that night.
No, that is not a weird pacifier. The bath baby also came with a plastic duck and that is what she has in her mouth! Pretty much everything still goes in her mouth.


So I said that we brought some toys with us to work. Monday morning I was looking for something to put the toys in and I just grabbed a bag from one of her gifts. It ended up that bag has been a constant source of entertainment over the last few days. She drags it all over the office. It doesn't have anything in it, she just drags an empty bag.


These were just too cute not to post! Zed and Lindsay gave Emma these adorable pajamas for Christmas and we are now fitting into them. This is not because they bought the wrong size, it is because the sizes run really big I guess? They are the old fashion pajamas that have the "butt flap"...how awesome is that?
Look at that cutie little bootie!


Our new breakfast routine. Granddaddy got the bright idea this week that Emma doesn't need her breakfast burrito cut up for her anymore. He wanted her to learn to hold it like a big girl. Well it didn't take her long to master that skill and it was even less messy to eat it that way. She even took down some chocolate milk...how lucky to be a one year old!


We did some more playing with toys. These pictures are really for my sister, Courtney, who got Emma this outfit. I knew she would want to see it!



Wednesday was our friend Peyton's birthday. Don't worry, we sent these to him via email on his real birthday! We celebrated with him for a little while at the kickball fields. We were also celebrating because he found out he got accepted into the police academy!

So I know that was a long update but at least I included pictures. I know most people just want to look at the pictures. We did go to the doctor for our 1 year checkup on Monday afternoon. Emma's stats are 21.1 lbs (50 percentile) and 29 1/4 inches (50 percentile). She had a little growth spurt since the 9 month appointment. I am happy to report we are drinking milk like a champ now (for the last 2 days). I finally just decided to do away with the formula and the bottles. If she wants something to drink she will drink the milk. The doctor agreed with this and we are no longer buying any formula...yippee! We talked about Emma's lack of eating meat. He was fine with this since she is eating eggs and she is pretty good with green veggies. She is getting the nutrients she needs. We also went over her words with him. He said that he considers something a word if the child says it and the parents understand what they are trying to say. The doctor wants her to have 8 words by the time she is 15 months. Right now we have: momma, dada, bye bye, baby, and hi. Currently, working on thank you and dog-those are two that we know what she is saying but no one else would!
Thanks for sticking with me for the long post but we are all caught up now! Have a great Memorial Day!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I really like Emma's outfit from Courtney's!! Super Cute :)

Courtney said...

So cute! I love it. Why didn't you tell everyone that it was 4 dollars at Sam's? Ha!

Gleatie said...

Those are really really cute pictures!