Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I can't come up with a title

Kinda random post but I had some pictures I wanted to share and want to combine them on one post.
I love cuddling up with this 85 lb baby at night. Notice how she thinks she is small enough to fit in this bean bag!
I bought the mat for Emma a while back at Toys R Us. We are definitely enjoying it and it takes much less up keep (vacuuming) than our old rug. It is really soft for Emma to play on. So, you remember how I said Emma might have done battle with the stairs this weekend? Well, tonight she did battle with the side of the fireplace. That girl just can't get a break! One minute she is happy and playing and the next she is running into something. Guess it just comes with being a toddler, but I feel so bad for her. I am sure you will get to see her bruise in some pictures tomorrow.
One of my real guilty pleasures is that I recently started getting my house cleaned. I was so happy when I came home yesterday and I walked into a beautifully cleaned house. There was even a note that said sheets had been changed and old ones were in the washer! Oh heavenly! I love a clean house, I am just not good at doing the cleaning. I can keep the house straightened but I just hate to dust! Anyways, below are two pictures of what Emma's crib looked liked when I went in her room. The blanket was pulled up to the pillow just like a real bed...so cute. Even her animals are all lined up at the end!

You could probably never guess that I love to take pictures. I love my digital camera and keep it in my purse with me at all times. Today I was watching Emma eat breakfast and decided to play around with the camera a little. She was eating apple wedges and I didn't want to leave her by herself while eating. Here are a few of the pictures I took with the different settings. I am hoping to get some photo editing software soon-I am thinking about Photoshop Elements? Anybody tried it? I am not going to deal out the money for Photoshop.
This picture is taken with the Vivid Blue accent. I think her eyes look super blue here.
Here is with the Vivid Red accent. You can really tell a difference in the skin tones and the coloring on the apples.
Sepia tones. I think this gives pictures a old fashioned look.
I absolutely love that my camera has a "Pet/Kid" setting. It is actually what I keep it on most of the time because it really prevents blurry photos. Don't ask me how it works, but it does and I hardly end up with blurry pics.
Tay Tay got Emma some drawing paper and crayons for her birthday and she has really been enjoying them. We are learning not to eat the crayons!
I used the color selector on the next couple of pics. I have used this before and was really happy with the way they turned out. The only thing about this setting is that you do tend to get some blur if your subject is moving around.


Last but not least, proof that Emma is really Bradley's child-as if I am not reminded everyday by the eyebrow raises she gives me that are exactly like Bradley. We went to dinner tonight and Emma kept reaching for B's sandwich. He finally gave her some and it has so Mustard on it. She loved it. She kept reaching for him to dip the bread in more of the mustard. I am not a huge mustard fan but I think my husband goes through a bottle or more a week.

1 comment:

Michael & Ashley said...

I love the color selector pictures. What kind of camera do you have? We are in the market for a new one.