Monday, May 18, 2009

The First of Many Birthday Posts...Friday night edition

Wow, what a crazy weekend! We started it off by going out to dinner on Friday for Emma's birthday. We decided on Macaroni Grill-I mean what kid wouldn't want to dine on bread and cheese sticks! Saturday we were up bright and early to get ready for the party. I ran around getting balloons and cake, dropping dogs off, and even picking up wedding shower presents. The birthday celebration started at 2 and I don't think I ended up getting in bed until after midnight-and I was completely exhausted, but I wouldn't change a thing about the day! Sunday we got up and played with toys, went to eat breakfast and then I went to my sister's wedding shower. After that, we went and took Emma's one year pictures and then had dinner with my parents and grandmother-who had come in town for the shower. Oh, and after that I did some embroidery work! Did that make you tired just reading all of that? Well trust me, after that weekend we were all tired.

I am still collecting pictures from the party. I took before and after pictures but didn't get any during the party, but don't worry that was covered! I think I will break these post into different stages of the weekend and it might take all week to cover it all, but I will get it covered...maybe with the help of a few slide shows.

When we got home on Friday there was a FedEx with Emma's name on it waiting for her. Tate sent her this cute birdbath that plays songs. She really likes to dance around it.

She got a few presents on Friday and we really worked on trying to get her to unwrap the presents.

Unwrapping a gift at dinner.

That puzzle really helped keep her entertained while we ate!

No comments: