Thursday, May 28, 2009

In the Dark

Well I spent most of today in the dark, literally. I got to work and half of the office was without lights. MLG&W came and worked for about an hour and then all of our power went out. You never know how much you depend on electricity to do everyday things until you are without. Let's just be happy paychecks were already cut or there would have been some angry people! Luckily, the weather was not too hot so we were able to open the doors and get some air flow through the office because there definitely was NO A/C! Since the back door to the warehouse stayed open, Emma enjoyed some playtime in the warehouse. I don't know what the attraction is, but she loves it back there. Orange buckets and fork lifts-what else could a girl need?

I totally forgot to tell you about my fun Sunday this past weekend. We went to the lake this weekend and it rained all day Sunday. Any why was that so nice, you ask? Because it was such a relaxing day! I never even changed out of my pajamas! Wonderful, huh? We played card games and dominos all day, watched movies and just relaxed. One of my favorite parts about going to the lake is how relaxed I feel there. You know why? Our cell phones don't work there-I am serious-and we like it. It seems we are so dependent on being able to be contacted 24/7 that there is something so relaxing about knowing no one will call all weekend. Our lives we leave behind will be right here when we get back and we can just go and chill out-except now we have to watch for babies and the steps!

So one of the games we played was Phase 10. One of my new loves. I love card games and my sister had told me about this game a few months ago. She and Gaines play with some friends and she always talks about how great it is. Jessica and I made a quick trip to Wal-mart on Saturday morning and I picked it up. Good thing, since it rained Sunday. If you are in the market for a new card game let me recommend Phase 10.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love Phase 10!! We need to have a game night and play sometime....maybe this weekend??