Thursday, May 14, 2009

Salsa Recipe

I didn't take any pictures today but there will be some tomorrow, I promise. I don't really have any big plans for tomorrow, but I am sure we can find something to do. Tonight I made salsa for Emma's party. Here is the recipe that I use. As I mentioned earlier, this is a variation of the Flying Saucer's recipe.

Chop and Combine All-I use the food processor but don't pulse too much or you are left with a very messy, mushy salsa

4 Tomatoes-chop and then put in bowl
Chop and add the following to the bowl
1 jalapeno (I use the pre-sliced ones in a jar, 2-3 spoons full)
1 medium onion
1 oz cilantro (I love cilantro, so I just add how much I want)
Juice of 1 lime (I actually just cute all of the peel off of one lime and put the whole lime in the chopper with the above
*The reason I do two chopping times is because you don't want to make the tomatoes into a liquid mush and because unless you have a commercial chopper it probably won't all fit.
In the bowl of the other ingredients add
1 Tbsp Salt
12oz can of Rotel-drained
1/2 cup of jalapeno juice (just use some of the juice from the canned jalapenos)
1/2 tbsp of garlic salt

Best if refrigerated over night

Year in Review-11 months

No comments: