Monday, May 4, 2009

TuTu much fun

When Emma was a little baby I took her picture in this Ole Miss tutu that I made her. I guess I really thought she would be interested in it even though she was little. I thought she would wonder about the mesh but she never showed any interest so the tutu was put up in the closet. Well yesterday I was making a tutu for someone else and she wanted to play with the tulle. So I got her tutu out. She loves wearing it around. She even got strapped in her carseat in her tutu this morning!
Doesn't it go great with the ladybug pajamas?

Our dinner was pretty good tonight. I wanted to share some of the recipes. The best part of this meal was it probably only took 30 minutes to prepare!

I started out with a caprese salad. I love tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. I drizzled it with the following dressing. I got this recipe from one of my good friends, Beth, and I usually keep a batch of it in my fridge at all times.
Salad Dressing
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar (I use the equivalent of Splenda)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste.

and if you don't have something to make dressing in...check this out!

Next for our dinner...Easy Lemon Pasta with Shrimp. Recipe courtesy of the Food Network. Last time I made it with chicken and it was also really good. If you are in a time crunch shrimp cooks faster, but it is also usually more expensive.
Yum!

Now for my Year in Review Photo...our picture today is from Emma's first month.

This was her first swimming trip. It looks like she thought the water was really cold but I wasn't...June in Memphis is NOT cold! I think she had just woke up and we put her in the water to see what she would do.

No comments: