I can laugh about the day's incidents now that they are over- Our laundry room is connected to Emma's playroom. It is a step down into the laundry, so I try to shut the down behind me so she won't fall down. Well tonight Bradley was outside working in the yard and I decided to feed the dogs. Emma was playing in the playroom and I called the dogs into the laundry to eat dinner. After they came in, I shut the down behind me. I fed the dogs and then headed to the door to go play with Emma. To my surprise the door is lock. What!!! I didn't even know this door locked. So now I am basically locked out of the house, Emma is in there by herself, and Bradley is outside working so he is not in there either. In fact, our front door was also locked because Bradley had went out the back. One good thing about the situation was the door does have a window so I could see that Emma was just playing in her playroom. Bradley came into to assess the situation. He said we were going to have to break the door jam to get in the house-great broken door jam right before we have people at our house! Well right before we broke the door jam we just happened to check the window that was in our laundry room that goes into the kitchen-and yeah, it was unlocked! Our laundry is an addition so that is why there is a window in there. We were able to get back in without breaking the door down.
Year in Review-9 months
This was when we took Emma to the circus with the Rays. She had a lot of fun even if we only lasted until intermission. This was also the day she really started standing up by herself.
1 comment:
I can only imagine how frantic that you must have been. Thank goodness the window was open.
I cannot wait to pictures from Emma's first birthday party. I know how creative that you are, and I cannot wait to see all the little details.
Post a Comment