Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kid's Birthday Parties!

This week over at Kelly's Korner we are showing off pictures of birthday parties. Her little girl, Harper, is six months old and she is starting to get ideas for Harper's first party. Smart girl to plan ahead. I started planning Emma's first party in January and I really think it helped save money doing it that way. I am going to include some links in this post because there were some people/businesses that really helped me with her party and I want to give them credit!

I had a hard time deciding on a theme for her party so when I found these invitations that I loved, I decided to go with a animal print/bright colors theme. These were the first thing I bought for the party-they are actually Christmas cards that were on sale after the holidays.
I made Emma's pillowcase dress for the party. I love these dresses on little girls and love making them. If you are interested in seeing more take a look at my business.

I want to preface by telling you about the rest of the pictures in this post. Most of the pictures were taken by Mike Logan. He has taken all of Emma's pictures and I am so happy he was able to come and shoot her birthday party! If I could offer one tip for birthday parties it would be get someone to take pictures for you or assign that job to a family member. There is no way you can get all of the pictures you would like from the party by yourself. I barely even got to see Emma during the party much less take any pictures!
I did not make her hairbow. I enlisted the help of The Princess and Me. This is where I have started getting all of Emma's bows and headbands and they are wonderful to work with. All I had to do was tell them what I was looking for and they made us a custom bow.
Here is our little family of three (we were minus our dogs that day-another good idea. See if they can stay at a neighbor's house) before Emma got to dig into her cupcake. Our local Memphis bakery, Muddy's Bake Shop, did a wonderful job on the cake, Emma's cupcake and the mini cupcakes we had for the party.
Here is the little miss all messy after her cupcake.
We got a big group picture with everyone at the party.

We actually let Emma open her presents after everyone else left. There was too much going on during the party and our house was too small to get everyone into one room. She was getting pretty tired by the end of the party so opening gifts would probably have been a bad idea anyway.
And when I said she was tired after the party-I meant it. She went to sleep super early that night and didn't make a peep until the morning!
If you are interested at looking at the past birthday posts I did with MANY more pictures, you can click here, here and here.

I really enjoyed reviewing her party for everyone. Thanks for stopping by!

Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner on Friday. If I get home early enough I might try to post some pictures. FYI-the little flower girl is not going to rehearsal, she is actually spending the night with her Honey and Granddaddy so we can enjoy the Rehearsal Dinner past 7:30!


11 comments:

Courtney said...

What a cool party. She looks too cute in that dress!

Brenda said...

What a fun party!

Kelsey said...

So cute! I love your invite, I can't believe that was a Christmas Card lol.

A Refocused Life said...

All too cute! "First" birthday parties are so much fun and exciting.

RN and OSHP said...

Cute party and I LOVE the dress!!!

Family American Style. said...

Oh! That is the cutest thing.

BOWquet said...

I love her dress! Great job!

phillips phamily said...

I definitely agree with you on the starting early to save money! Then you have OPTIONS!

Carrie said...

What a fun little party. Miss Emma is too cute! I love her outfit.

Shoshanah said...

I think the bow is really cute

And I love the idea of taking a group picture of everyone who's there

Angela Holland said...

Very cute!! I lover her dress!