Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

Have we really not been to the lake since Memorial Day? In past years, we wouldn't have missed a weekend! It was so good to be back for a long relaxing weekend. Zed, Lindsay and Peyton went with us, and we had a great time hanging out.

Friday we got up and went out on the water early. We pulled the boat up on a rocky beach and let Emma play in the water. Unfortunately, Grace went down for a nap before we went out so we missed her playing with us. Emma really enjoyed digging in the rocks and splashing around.







Later that night we got dressed and took the boat out to eat dinner. When looking for Emma some outfits to wear for the weekend, I realized I didn't have many red, white and blue options. I picked her little sailor dress for Friday. Saturday she wore her Ole Miss outfit, but it didn't matter much, because she didn't even make it past dinner time on the actual 4th!




A few weeks ago Honey and Granddaddy picked up this little hula outfit for the girls to play in when at the lake. Tay Tay put it on Emma on Saturday and it was just too cute not to take a picture.

Saturday we ventured out for some more time on the lake. I talked about our positive experience with that cheap yellow ring before and it didn't let us down this weekend! I think Emma could have stayed in that water for hours in that ring-but we had to get her out of the sun at some points during the day.


One of Emma's favorite parts of being on the boat is sitting with Granddaddy and helping drive. Oh, and we can't forget honking the horn!

After all of this fun on the water, we had two tired babies. Cousin Grace got to ride back on the Sea Doo and her parents said she had so much fun waving to everyone.

Like I said earlier, after this fun filled weekend, Emma went to bed before dinner and didn't get to experience any fireworks. It didn't matter that much because fireworks were chased away because of a late in the day rain.
Sorry for my lack of blogging lately. I promise I will get back to normal. I got a little behind after being out of town but now I feel pretty caught up.





No comments: