Friday, July 10, 2009

Show us Where you Live



This is the last week of home tours over at Kelly's Korner. The theme this week is Entry Ways/Foyers, which is something we don't have. Our front door opens straight into our living room.

I did want to show a picture of our front door because I love what is hanging on it right now! One of my best friends sent this to Emma for her birthday and I hung it on the front door for her party. I must admit it is still hanging there. I had full intentions of moving the sign to Emma's room, but I love seeing this everyday when I come home. I promise I will move at the end of the summer.

Melinda got the door hanger here, even though I know she could have made it! I am thinking about maybe seeing if she could do an Ole Miss one for the fall?

Oh, I forgot one important thing. Yes, I know my front door is unfinished! We replaced the door a while back and have yet to paint it. I can't decide if I want to stain it or paint it. I love the natural wood look but I also think it would be fun to maybe have a red door? Just a thought. We have a brick house and white shutters so I have a pretty blank slate to work with...any suggestions?

Thanks for taking a tour of our home over the last few weeks. I really enjoying showing off our home. If you want to see more tours, click over to Kelly's Korner. Next week we are going to be showing off pictures from birthday parties-I can't wait-I have a lot of pictures!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I think you should paint it a dark green color. Red would not stand out bc you have red brick, and white is toob boring!

Heather said...

I love that sign on the door!! Gorgeous!! Does she do this for a living? What about a black door? Whatever you do it will be beautiful!

KIMBERLY said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! IS THAT A CANVAS THAT IS PAINTED ON OR WOOD? THANKS FOR SHARING AND FOR VISITING MY BLOG AS WELL! BLESSINGS!

Kristin said...

I like your cute little "E" on the door!