Monday, July 13, 2009

3 Things about Me...Blog Hopping!

I really enjoyed blog hopping last Tuesday. The theme for this week is telling 3 things that most people might not know about me. I hope this gives you a little glimpse into my life, not just the mommy aspect that I mostly talk about. So here we go:

1. If I had to pick one place to vacation, it would be somewhere with SNOW. The feel of riding up a lift and getting off at the top of a mountain is awesome! Most people have a love for the beach but not me. We got engaged in the mountains, spent our honeymoon in the mountains of Canada and hope to some day soon take Emma and share our love of the snow
2. I have a very important volunteer job...at least it is important to me. I have thought about writing a whole post about this but just have not gotten around to it. I am a regional specialist for my sorority. A lot of people don't understand still being involved in sorority stuff, they think it is just for college. I look at it as being a mentor to college age girls. When I was in college and was chapter president I had some wonderful alumnae mentors, and they inspired me to continue giving back.

Above is a picture of a group of Pi Phi international officers at dinner a few weeks ago. Below is a picture of the Pi Phis from the University of Arkansas. Recently at Convention, the chapter won the Balfour Cup-meaning they were the best chapter in the nation! Yeah, we are proud-they are in our Region.
3. From the first weekend in September to the middle of January every weekend you can find me engrossed in football. Saturdays are ruled by college football, specifically SEC football and I even keep up with a little pro football also. You have to when you are trying to win a fantasy football league! Summers are spent planning trips to the Grove with my Ole Miss friends and talking about predictions for the year. I love all my Ole Miss girlies and can't wait till the Fall to spend some quality time in the Grove!

So there you have it! I am a total sorority girl who loves her some football and the snow!



MckLinky Blog Hop


3 comments:

Saph said...

Oh I love the snow, too, just to go skiing in, making snowmen, and tubing! :)

Gleatie said...

HEY!! Isn't that you and me in that skiing picture in Beavercreek??? Us in our Northfaces??? Love it!

the brown couch said...

Poppin'over from Brown Couch Events
browncouchevetnts.blogspot.com

and Comfort Joy Designs
comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com

Deborah

P.S.
You are invited to my Stella & Dot Jewelry Party happening all week at Comfort Joy Designs! Hope to see you there!