I just finished making two snack foods for us to eat on this week. I have been trying to make sure Emma eats a good variety of foods when we are at home. I don't want her to become a picky eater so I make sure and give her a variety of different foods. Here is what I made:
Peanut Butter/Cinnamon Dip-recipe courtesy of Jeanna Argo
1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
8oz of vanilla yogurt-I used lite yogurt
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup of whipped topping-again I used lite
Whisk together peanut butter, yogurt and cinnamon until blended. Stir whipped topping in peanut butter mixture until blended. Refrigerate before serving.
This dip is great with apples and pears, but I also dipped some celery sticks in it this afternoon and Emma likes that too!
The other thing I made was muffins made with pumpkin. If you have ever done Weight Watchers you might have been given a recipe to make cupcakes or muffins out of a cake mix and canned pumpkin. This is what I did except I made mini muffins that would be about 2-3 bites for Emma. I figured this would be a good way for Emma to get some pumpkin (beta carotene) and I could have some healthy snacks on hand! Also, these are so simple to make.
1 15oz can of pumpkin
1 cake mix-any kind, I used yellow, but I have had chocolate also
1 1/2 cups of water
Mix all together. Put in muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes. I did the mini muffins for about 20 minutes.
Emma taste tested and loved them! Mission accomplished.
Ok, I will be back later with some pictures from the weekend. We are headed to an engagement dinner for Courtney. I will blog during the basketball game tonight.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment