Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Corn Dogs+Swings=Happy Baby

Emma tried a new food yesterday. Not necessarily a healthy food but there is always room for a good corn dog in your diet, right? She didn't eat it all but enjoyed nibbling on it.



So the last couple of days have been a little rough in the afternoons. Emma has not been wanting to take her nap in the morning and has been going down around 11:30 or noonish. This really only allows for her to have 1 nap during the day. I know that this is going to happen, but I am just not ready. With this one nap she tends to get rather irritable in the afternoons when we get home. You know, right when I am trying to fix dinner and can't hold her the whole time!

Usually Bradley is home and plays with her while I am cooking but yesterday he went to Home Depot on his way home. He wanted to get some rope to hang the swing that Emma got for her birthday. She loved her swing and seeing those smiles made me completely forget the frustrations that I was having earlier.






Does anyone has any suggestions for transitioning from 2 naps to 1 nap well? I am thinking about still having a "rest time" in Emma's pack n play where she can sleep if she wants or play with toys? I also thought about having a quiet time in her crib when we got home from work but I don't want to mess up her sleeping routine. Any suggestion appreciated!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY, I AM SO GLAD EMMA LIKES HER SWING. I LOVE THAT PRETTY SMILE. TAMMY