Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bathing Beauty

We had a great weekend. This was the first weekend in a while that we haven't had anything to do.

Friday afternoon Emma spent some time in her new baby pool. This is the first time that we have filled the pool up and she really enjoyed it!

Heading to the pool
Watching Dad fill up the pool. Notice had Bradley had to include the slide into the pool. We had to set up a whole water park atmosphere in our backyard-not really!

Now it is finally time to splash around!

Sliding into the pool. Does anyone else remember hiving slides like these. I am pretty sure we had one-it was yellow and red!

We didn't spend too long in the pool on Friday because we had just filled it up so it was cold. She splashed around until her lips started quivering and then we got out. We decided to leave the water in the pool and thought it might be warm for a swim on Saturday.

Friday night some friends came over and we grilled out and played Phase 10.

Saturday we got up and I worked on some embroidery jobs. You can check out my finished projects over at Emma's Closet. While the embroidery machine was working overtime I was working around the house gathering stuff for the garage sale that Courtney and I are having next weekend. When I get finished gathering everything together, I will take a picture. It is amazing how much junk you can accumulate!

After lunch on Saturday we headed down to Oxford to hang out with some of my friends that were in town to watch the baseball super regionals. Unfortunately, the Rebels did not make it to the CWS, but we did have fun visiting. And if anyone was wondering and wants to be super jealous-We ate at Proud Larry's-love it! Emma especially loved the fries from Larry's-who wouldn't!

Sunday we headed to church to work in the nursery. This is the dress she wore to church but it is also what she wore to Courtney and Gaines' engagement party last night. We didn't take any pictures last night so I thought I would show the one from before church. Courtney got her the dress for her birthday!


Sunday afternoon we did a little more swimming in our pool.

Notice the difference in the two blues in the above and below pictures. The above picture was taken when I changed the setting on my camera to make the blues more vibrant. I really like how the picture turned out. The below picture is just the regular setting. You can really tell a difference.





Hope everyone had a great weekend.







3 comments:

Gleatie said...

Great pictures. Boo for the rebels! DId you take any pictures at dinner in Oxford? I bet it was fun to see everyone! I hope that I can see some people when I am home sometime over the next year or so! Maybe we can have an oxford trip SOMETIME when I come home! I miss it there so much!

Courtney said...

Love the strawberry dress! Can't wait for my snuggie to come in with my new initials on it. You will have to put it on Emma's closet!

Anonymous said...

HEY, GLAD EMMA LIKES THE POOL. THE SLIDE IS A GREAT IDEAL. AND WE LOVE ALL THE PICTURES, NEVER TO MANY PICTURES. DAD & TAMMY