Friday, April 3, 2009

She's a Girly Girl!

While Emma is not totally sold on her hairbows right now, I am determined she will get used to them. One of her current girly obsessions is purses. She loves carrying them and pulling everything out of them. She used to like chewing on them but hopefully she has given up that habit. Around Christmas she was constantly getting into my purse so I decided she needed her own purse. I found this Fisher Price Pretty Learning Purse. Well it is two months after Christmas and Emma is finally showing some interest in her toy. We brought our purse to work and she will carry it around and discard of the contents all over the office. When she goes down for a nap I will usually find the items and put them back in her purse so we can start all over again.

Why did the purse come to work, you ask? It is because one of Emma's favorite past times had become pulling everything out of Honey's purse...multiple times a day. So I figured we would try bringing her purse. She still likes to get Honey's purse also, but maybe not as many times in one day.
She really likes to talk to her purse. Yesterday she put the purse up on a chair and was just babbling away at it. Maybe she talks to it since it has a face, I don't know?
Since we took our purse to work and don't bring it home everyday, Emma needed a purse at home. I gave her one of my old Coach wristlets to play with. I don't use this one and probably wasn't going to, so I decided she could play with it. Think the one below but straw material instead of leather...same basic shape.
She loves the wristlet. She throws the strap around her arm and pushes it up on her shoulder like you would wear a shoulder bag. I will try to get a picture of this soon. It is so hard to catch pictures in the afternoon when I am trying to get dinner ready at the same time.
I am leaving to go to Starkville after work today. Hopefully I will have some pictures from my trip when I get back. We are installing the newest Pi Phi chapter at Mississippi State this weekend and I get to see some of my Pi Phi friends that don't live around here!
Also stayed tuned next week. I finished sewing the material for Emma's Easter basket-now I just have to put her name on it and it will be done! I will post pictures when I finish. I have also posted the pictures of items I did this week on Emma's Closet blog.



2 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow, you are officially a mom. I would have put that on ebay. Give her a plastic bag!

Emory said...

you can't give your kids plastic bags! Plus, that was like the first wristlet I ever had...it has been used and I wasn't going to use it again.