Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Party Preperations

I finished the sign for Emma's party tonight. I haven't exactly figured out where I will hang it yet, but I am sure it will appear in some of the party pictures. We are going with an animal print theme with bright colors. Since she is not really in to cartoons and characters(except Big Big World, but they don't have party items for that) yet...I figured I could do a fun theme...before we have to start having parties with themes like Dora the Explorer1

I caught these pictures of Emma and her Honey today at lunch time. They went outside to visit the goat next door but he wasn't there. Emma decided she wasn't ready to come inside yet so they did a little walking. Emma is really starting to enjoy spending time outside. We usually hang out in the backyard after work until Bradley gets home. Yesterday we blew bubbles and she really enjoyed that.

Tonight we went out to eat since I went and did some shopping after work. I haven't talked about it, but I feel that Emma's diet is very limited. She really doesn't eat very much meat (chicken fries is about all) and most of her choice foods are carbs. I know I guess I probably shouldn't worry too much because she is still getting a lot of nutrients from her bottles but I would love it if her diet was a bit more balanced. Here is what she will eat: fries, tater tots, bread, fruits, rice, cheerios, goldfish. See, most of the stuff is carbs? She won't even eat any pasta...she throws all pastas to the ground immediately. Well I decided to start working on some dairy...she does show interest in cheese! Tonight at dinner I gave her a corner of a cheese stick, I know, kinda cheating since it is cheese with breading! Anyway, she really liked it. She still ate her share of our loaf of bread but at least she got some cheese in there too!


1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow! A year does fly by. I totally stressed myself out before Jackson's first birthday and ended up getting the flu three days before. Thank goodness for Tamiflu and steroids, or I would have still been in the bed!

BTW, salad dressings helped me with Jackson. I put Italian or Ranch dressing on veggies like broccoli to get him to eat them. It still works like a charm when he is finicky.