Saturday, January 2, 2010

Looking Forward to 2010

I have been contemplating writing a resolutions post. I kinda did one last year and I just enjoyed looking back at it. I accomplish some of the things and some I did not. Does it count that some of the things I didn't accomplish in 2009 are already in the works for 2010? I say yes! So here is goes for 2010 in no particular order:
-continue cooking at home more. I am pretty good at doing it during the week and it is a good habit I want to keep

-pray more for others. I have already started working on this. I stole an idea of one of our old neighbors to take the Christmas Cards we received, put them in a basket and pray for one each day.

-work harder on being a wife first and then mother. Being more patient in both of these roles.

-work on getting our house ready to put on the market and rely on God and his plans for where and when we will move-this is a big one because I am a planner!


I can't believe it is only Saturday. We came up to the lake on Thursday afternoon, celebrated New Year's Eve here with Erin and Steve and have just been chilling and watching football ever since. The house is super quiet right now. The hubby and Emmy are asleep and I am watching the Ole Miss game. I am still in my pajamas but I am planning on taking a shower after the game and maybe convincing Bradley to take me to dinner.

We went to shoot guns yesterday afternoon and I took this picture. I mean, would you ever want to leave here? I know I sure don't. In fact, we were going to go home today but we decided to stay longer!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Is it ethical to steal resolutions? I think that I need to add some of yours to my list. So glad to see y'all had a great Christmas.

Happy New Year!

Erin said...

We had a fun, laid back new years eve with you all! Thanks for inviting us- it was the perfect new years eve plan for us! Please tell Mrs. Cindy and Mr. Stan "thanks" for us. We love their property and cant wait to take James up there for some water skiing! ha!