Sunday, January 4, 2009

My 100th Post

How exciting...my 100th post! I looked back and I wrote my first post on Jan 7th of 2008, so it has taken my right at a year to write 100 posts. That is pretty good, huh? I will say that Emma has probably consumed about 95% of this blog, but that is OK. I didn't do an end of 2008 or a New Year's post so for my 100th post I am going to look back (quickly) through last year and then write about what I hope to accomplish for 2009. You can watch and see if these things really get accomplished!

2008

Bradley and I celebrated our 2nd Anniversary. I don't have any actual pictures but we went to Jarrett's like we do each year. I would have posted a wedding pictures but my wedding pics weren't online and I don't have a scanner hooked up at home!


In March or April I got an updated kitchen. I waited many months for this and it was worth the wait!


On May 15th Emma graced us with her presence and our lives will never be the same! What a fun adventure the last 7 months have been...and they have flown by.


Bradley and I both turned 27 this year.




Emma celebrated her first Halloween


Learning to crawl...we have this mastered now!

Our First Christmas with Emma
Oh, and to end 2008 I will tell you what we did for New Year's Eve. I didn't take any pictures but we had a rocking good time. Are you ready for this? Bradley, Zed, Lindsay, Peyton and myself (and Emma but she went to bed right after everyone came over) cooked out steaks at our house. After dinner we broke out the game and played a serious game of MONOPOLY! That's right folks, I spent my New Year's playing Monopoly-and I enjoyed it. We started our game around 9 and didn't finish until like 2am. We did take a break for a toast at midnight but then right back to playing! Peyton won in the end and we all had a great time! I wouldn't have pick a better way to spend the night-good times with some of our best friends!

Well 2008 flew by and I know there will be so many fun things to write about in 2009. I have thought and thought about New Year's resolutions and I have decided not to make any resolutions. I don't really ever keep them, so instead I am making a list of things that I would like to accomplish in 2009. Here we go, in no particular order:
1. find a new house-not in the Memphis city limits
2. start commenting on other people's blogs more...no more "blog stalking" for me. I love comments (hint, hint) and I have decided the way to start getting comments is leaving comments!
3. take Emma to the snow next winter-Colorado, Virginia, I don't really care-we just have to get her to the snow
4. cook more at home...this will be a hard one for me.
5. attend at least one Ole Miss football game. I think this one will be easy since there are already plans in the works for the Ole Miss/Tennessee game. Emma and Lilly in the Grove-it is going to be awesome. Maybe we will even take them on their first tour of the Pi Phi house and show them their future room-last one on the right, bottom floor! BTW...Hotty Toddy to my Rebels for winning the Cotton Bowl. I was the first one to doubt their ability, but they really showed me! Way to go!
6. put more money in Emma's savings...private school is expensive!
7. go on a vacation
8. be a patient and loving role model for Emma.
9. Give Emma a rocking 1st birthday party...can you tell I have already been thinking about it?
10. Have lots of fun with my husband...go on dates, trips, play games (we played Wii for about 2 hours tonight), etc. Just have fun enjoying each other and not let Emma consume our whole lives. Make time for just us!
Well that is all I can think of right now. It is 11pm and I have been working on this post off and on since about 2 this afternoon. It is getting late and it is back to work tomorrow. Does anyone have any resolutions/accomplishments for 2009 that they want to share...I would love to hear them!

1 comment:

The Bethell Family said...

This is my favorite post! I love the 2009 goals! that is a great idea...don't mind if I steal it. haha Emma needs to have a talk with her future roomie about sleeping at night and tell her how much she LOVED sleeping in her bassinet. These are goals for Emma for this month. hahah love you all! Happy New Year!!