Thursday, January 14, 2010

Just Because...

On some days it is appropriate to wear a crown at 7:30 in the morning! I know it looks like I forced her to wear that crown but she really did put it on herself.

and it is alright to drink your milk out of a 4oz baby bottle because your mom forgot to bring your cup to work!
The recipe cooking is going pretty good! We skipped one night this week because we were out after working doing a few things and decided to eat out. Last night was our steak night! We had ribeyes, smashed potatoes and I had a salad and asparagus. Technically, if I had followed the recipe that lettuce and tomato was suppose to be on top of my steak but I decided to go with that separately! The steaks were done on the stovetop and the asparagus under the broiler. See-you can still have grill worthy food when it is cold outside! Tonight we are having Chicken Noodle soup-it is already in the crockpot cooking.
I had some questions about my meal from Monday night.
Pork Chops came from The Pioneer Woman. Let me say that I have never fried a pork chop in my life and these were easy and tasty!!!
The Potatoes came from a Rachel Ray Cookbook called 2,4,6,8. It has a whole chapter of recipes for 2 people which is how I am really still cooking right now-Emma usually wants to eat something before we are ready. I can't find the potato recipe online but I will tell you about it tonight-not word for word out of the book-just how I did it!
I promise this isn't turning into a recipe blog but this is just what we are doing in our lives this week!

No comments: