Today Emma got into one of granddaddy's desk drawers and pulled out his vaseline jar and scooped a lot out. The vaseline ended up all over her face, on her hands and on granddaddy's desk.
After the second time of this repeated behavior (yes, the first time I cleaned her up and took her and said no) it was on to time out.
I put her in a chair right in front of me and made her sit there for one minute (hey, she is only 20 months and can't still too long). She sat there and cried and when her minute was up I told her that if she stopped crying she could get up. Well, can you guess what that little stink did? She dried those tears up immediately and went on to playing. I am happy to report that there were no more vaseline run ins for the day-but that could be because we put the stuff up also!




1 comment:
Ha ha, she looks so sweet and innocent!! Too funny. I have a almost 18 month old and I was wondering when time out would be appropriate for her as I can tell no, no is starting to not work. She just looks at me like ha ha, I'm going to see how far I can push Mommy and I can't help but laugh. Come visit my blog anytime!!
Post a Comment