Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Recipe Cooking

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to continue to cook more at home. This week I decided I was going to cook all new recipes out of cookbooks. I had got into a kinda cooking rut and was getting so bored of the same old things each week.
I sat down and picked out some new recipes-this is not an easy task since Bradley does not eat lots of things-like onions-I think there are onions in like every recipe!
I went to the grocery store on Sunday with my loooong list in hand. I am not going to be able to cook like this every week because it cost way too much! However, I do think it is much healthier to cook from recipes because they encourage you to use more fresh, simple ingredients. There is nothing too healthy about Hamburger Helper!!
Here is what my kitchen looked like at about 6:30 on Sunday night. I had plates and bowls everywhere and I think there was about 3 pots/pans on the stove. I was making a few things early so there was so excuse.

My finished product from Sunday night. Pork Chop, Garlic Roasted Potatoes and Bacon and Tomato Salad. Don't worry, Bradley didn't touch that salad!
What is on the menu for the rest of the week? Creamy Shrimp Pasta, Steaks/Roasted Asparagus/Peppered Mashed Potatoes, and Chicken Noodle Soup.

This week I am using a crock pot cookbook, a Rachel Ray cookbook and a Pi Phi cookbook.

4 comments:

Tiffany Lockette said...

Looks yummy. I feel the same way, blah from cooking the same things each week. I hope to get inspired soon to pick some recipes and try them out.

Courtney said...

I need to learn how to cook pork chops. Go ahead and send over that recipe!

Heather said...

This looks so good girl!! I have been wanting to venture out more too on what we eat. Seriously, I have got to make this!!

Heather said...

oh and can you share your recipe for those potato fries, yum!!