I think the above pictures explains what is going on at our house tonight. We had such a wonderful Christmas surrounded by our wonderful families. As I sit here tonight I feel so blessed and lucky to have such wonderful people surrounding us and loving on us!I have multiple posts I want to do about Christmas. I thought I would try to start at the beginning and work through the day. Even though we had a long day, I wouldn't have it any other way. And I think I should consider myself lucky-my child slept till 7:30-for some reason I think that might not be the case in years to come!
We have been talking to Emma about Santa some this year-she knows what Santa says-"Ho Ho Ho" and we have a Santa pillow and she points him out. We didn't go into all the stuff about him bringing her toys because I didn't really think she would get it. Well when we woke up this morning and said "Let's go see what Santa brought" she said "toys?"
Santa filled up Emma's stocking, gave her a few unwrapped toys and two things to unwrap. We gave her a few articles of clothing and some new shoes but besides that, we tried not to go overboard. I felt she would get plenty of toys as the day went on and I will say by the end of the day our car was pretty packed going home. We have even set some toys aside to open tomorrow.
Emma putting out her cookies to Santa-chocolate chip-just like requested in his letter last year! She had to taste the cookies to make sure they were alright for Santa.
Our plate we made last year.
Stocking waiting to be filled
The first look at the Santa loot-Bounce and Spin Pony, play vacuum, laptop, portable DVD player (that was probably meant for more for mommy's sanity!) and Happy Feet DVD.
She was kinda unsure about the vacuum at first. In fact, she still doesn't really want us to turn in on.
The laptop was a success!
Unwrapping went much easier this year-she got the hang of it better.
Digging in her stocking-this was probably one of her favorite things-pulling stuff out of her stockings. There were fun things like new sippy cups, new pacifiers, a book and some gummy worms!
She finally warmed up to the vacuum and really wanted to do this most of the time we opened presents from each other.


No comments:
Post a Comment