Monday, December 14, 2009

Craziness

Well everyone knows that this time of year is so crazy. I have been busy with sewing and getting ready for Christmas. For some unknown reason I have done really well with preparing for Christmas early this year. Well, I guess this preparedness is going to pay off because I am now having surgery on Wednesday-crazy I know. I woke up around midnight with what I thought was horrible indigestion. I mean my stomach felt like it was in knots. Finally at around 5:30 am I decided that I couldn't take it any more and I needed to go to the ER-this was after failed Pepcid and pain medicine-I don't like go to the doctor, much less spending a lot of money at the ER!
Well after a few hours at the ER, pain meds and ultrasounds to look at my liver and gallbladder it was determined that my gallbladder is coming out! So 8am on Wednesday I will be having my first surgery-unless you count wisdom teeth, which I don't really count. I got to come home until Wednesday so I am spending time resting (sleeping b/c of the pain meds)and I figured I would update the blog. I have some pictures of Emma that I need to upload so I will probably do that tomorrow.
So when I got home this afternoon I figured I should try to finish as much Christmas stuff as possible. Let me just tell you-I think I am almost down with my Christmas shopping because of the internet. I ordered items from esty, Kodak Gallery and other various sites. I also tried to run most of my purchases through ebates.com. Does anyone else use ebates? I love it! All you have to do is start your shopping on www.ebates.com and search your stores from there. The sites will keep track of your purchases and give you money back from online shopping. Every quarter they deposit my cash back into my paypal account(they can mail you a check also)and it is yours to spend. So you are getting paid to shop! I already have over $50 built up in my account for this quarter.
Another one of my favorite websites is not for Christmas gifts but for my ease! Diapers.com is seriously the easiest website every! I don't think I have bought diapers at the store in months. I order a jumbo box of diapers once a month. You get free shipping if your order is over $49.00 and it shows up at your door in 2 days-that is so fast. If you haven't ever ordered from www.diapers.com before you can use the code EISONFAM on your first order and get $10.00 off. Oh, and an added bonus-go to ebates first and then go to diapers.com-right now ebates is offering up to 6% cash back on the diapers.com site.
Well there you have it-a surgery announcement with some rambling about my Internet sites. Can you tell the pain meds are kicking in?


4 comments:

The Granthams said...

Good Lord, Emory, I'm glad you're okay! We'll be thinking about you on Wednesday. Please let us know if you need anything.

Michael & Ashley said...

I hope everything goes well with your surgery. I will be praying for you!

Wendy Ray said...

So sorry about your surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Julie said...

Emory,
Please keep us posted. We will be praying for you.

BTW, I got your Christmas card, and it is precious. Emma is a doll, and you know that I love that picture.