Friday, August 28, 2009

2009

Yep, it is 2009 and that means something big...Reunions! It is time for mine and Bradley's 10 year high school reunion. Wow! Where did the time go? It seems like it was just yesterday that I was moving into the dorms at Ole Miss and enjoying the laid back days of going to some classes during the day and having free afternoons-oh, and let's not forget the glory that was making out your schedule where you had no Friday classes! Those were the days. Ok-getting off subject.

What is everyone's feelings on Reunions? Bradley's is this weekend and we are not going. It was his decision and he decided no. He says that we already hang out with his friends from high school-very true-and we don't need to pay to hang out with them this weekend. Plus, most of his (our) friends aren't going anyway.

Mine reunion is in a few weeks and I am still undecided but really leaning towards no also. The Friday night event is going to the Football game-that is a definite no. I haven't been to a high school football game since my senior year and I live in the same city as my high school. I am not starting now. The Saturday events-Family Picnic and dinner/drinks at the Museum sound a bit more appealing but still can't decide. I don't know what my hang up is.

Did anyone not go to their reunion and regrets it? Did you go and wish you hadn't. I need some help here! If I ask Bradley he is going to say not go!

Sorry-no high school pictures-no digital cameras then-at least I didn't have one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Courtney said...

I think it is so sad that you would not go! Great chance to make new friends with old friends. I think you will regret it if you do not.

Wendy Ray said...

Neither Chris nor I went to our HS reunions and we don't regret it. Basically for the same reasons you posted - we hang out with our friends from high school already and most of them didn't go. My high school classmates organize some small get-togethers from time to time now that we are older and if I'm ever in town when they have one, I may go then. I think they are more interesting the older you get. My two cents! Oh, and I LOVE the pics of Emma - beautiful! I need to get some 2-year pics of Jacob. Can't believe he's almost 2!

Mary Beth said...

Hey Emory!
I totally think you should go. I am planning on it and would love to see you there; it could be fun.