Monday, August 10, 2009

12 Hours

We went up to the lake this past weekend. Bradley had intentions of helping Stan put together the swing set he got for the girls. They got up pretty early and started on the project. Bradley came inside after a little while and said the instructions said they needed three people for the project and then it would take 12 hours! What...12 hours for a swing set! Lucky for us there were 4 guys working on the swing set in the backyard. Obviously the makers of this swing set know nothing about working on lake time and that after lunch it was time to get out on the water. This is where the project stopped for the weekend. It may not look like too much but that is part of the frame, a ladder on the back of the golf cart and the slide all put together. In all reality, there probably would have been more work done on Sunday, but we had to get up and leave early to get home.
Good thing the little miss didn't know a swing set was being put together, she probably would have wanted to be out there playing on it! Instead she took a long nap in the morning and after lunch was ready to go. All we have to do it pull out that yellow float and she is ready to go to the boat. She is even starting to say a word that resembles boat!
Driving the boat with Granddaddy.
This is one of her favorite places on the boat. She loves standing at either door and staring out into the water. Bradley and I usually end up sitting at opposite doors because she just runs back and forth between the two.
See her life vest? We got it from Overton's and highly recommend it. Emma totally threw fits in her other vest that zipped up but this one doesn't bother her at all. I think it might be because she doesn't get as hot in this one?
I thought this picture was funny. We parked up on a rocky shore line so Emma can walk on the shore and play with rocks. We took her out in the water and she kept getting mad because the waves kept bringing her into the shore. I think her little booty was dragging on the ground.
Last picture from the day. I snapped this as we were coming up from the boat. Walking with daddy and Taylor.
I guess the moral of our Saturday story is you shouldn't expect to put together a swing set in a short morning. And if you are putting together your swing set at the lake, expect the project to take multiple weekends!

4 comments:

The Bethell Family said...

Emory Pinckney just helped a buddy put one together that the instructions said 24 hours HA! All I know is after a full day they were not done and they were all sunburn haha WHO KNEW?!

Gleatie said...

That is BS that a swing would take that long! I would be having one delivered!! That picture of Bradley and Taylor walking was REALLY good!

Heather said...

We have that swimsuit too!! So cute, what a fun time at the lake! Swing sets can be a pain in the rear!! I know what you mean! What a great place to put the swing set though!

Heather said...

We have that swimsuit too!! So cute, what a fun time at the lake! Swing sets can be a pain in the rear!! I know what you mean! What a great place to put the swing set though!