Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What's for Dinner

I get ask this question quite often. At the beginning of the year I told myself I was going to cook at home more and I am really trying to do so...we usually at least go out on Fridays:). I try to ask Bradley what he would like some nights because I just run out of ideas sometimes. Last night he asked for Moe's steak tacos. Tell me why my husband who doesn't like Mexican, but puts up with it b/c I love it, LOVES Moe's so much? He says it is their rice...I don't know? So I set off to make some steak tacos last night and they turned out really good and FAST. If your life is anything like mine you appreciate a good meal that doesn't take all night to cook. These could easily be turned into chicken tacos also!
Here is what I did:

*1 bag of Tyson's precooked steak strips (they have chicken also) FYI-1 bag fed 2 people and Emma ate some
*tortilla shells
*package of fajita seasoning (only use half the pack for the 1 bag)
*1/2 cup water
*taco fixings


Open up the bag of meat, pour it in a skillet with 1/2 cup of the water and 1/2 the packet of seasoning and turn the stove on medium. The meat was ready in about 8 minutes, which was the same as the mexican rice. We had some homemade salsa (store bought would do the trick) that I put on my tacos and Bradley just adds cheese to his but these were oh so good! So that is what we had for dinner last night...nothing fancy, but if you are looking for something easy to cook, it is a good option! Anyone else have any good ideas for fast dinners? I am always looking for new meal ideas.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Girl I absolutely love Mexican food. Good thing Charlie does, too. We love to cook fajita, tacos, cheese dip, etc at home.