On Saturday we got up early and got dressed to go to James' 1st birthday party. We had a great time and Emma fell asleep as soon as we got in the car. I have to admit I was a little nervous about the party. Since Emma doesn't spend a lot of time with other kids I wasn't sure about her sharing. The report: she didn't do awful but she didn't do great. She has this trick where she holds a toy out like she wants you to have it and when you try to get it she pulls the toy back...yeah, I saw her do this to two kids! Yikes! Overall I think she acted pretty good and we had so much fun. Thank you for inviting us James!After the birthday party we hurried to my parent's house to get ready for Lindsay and Zed's wedding shower that we hosted on Saturday night. Stan cooked some of his famous BBQ and we had a great time!



The happy couple opening some gifts! Where was Emma during the shower? She went to her our friends Hayden and Jeanna's house. They were so nice to offer to watch her and I hope she was alright. Bradley said when he went to pick her up he ask how she did and their son Parks said "she screamed alot"! Parks is probably around 5 by now and we know that kids that age just tell it like it is-so he was probably telling the absolute truth! My parents were nice enough to let Emma spend the night on Saturday after the party and we went out with our friends from the shower. We had so much fun-took no pictures-and stayed out too late! Sunday we pretty much watched basketball and caught up on our rest. I hate to say it, but I guess I am getting too old to stay out late because I was pretty tired most of Sunday.
Now it is time to announce my 150th post GIVEAWAY!!!
In honor of my new embroidery machine, I am giving away a monogrammed apron. The apron is black and you can pick whatever color you want your accent color to be. I will either embroider your name or monogram.

How do you enter?
1. Become a follower...1 entry
2. Become a follower of Emma's Closet...another entry
3. Leave a comment telling me your favorite item from Emma's Closet...another entry
4. Spread the Love...Nominate a friend(blogger or non blogger-give me their email or blog address) for this giveaway...another entry
5. Post about my giveaway on your blog...another entry
I will take entries until Friday at midnight...Good Luck and Good Night!

4 comments:
Yeah!! I am going to nominate Deranda. I also sent them a link to follow your blog. :)
oops! almost forgot. my favorite item would be either the pillow case dresses or the burp rags :)
I nominate Mallory and Kim! And Gaines! Is that 3 entries? My favorite so far is the apron. I want it, but I think if I won, I would have Gaines initials monogrammed on it so he would be the official cook in our family.
I am thinking these would be good hostess gifts for people who throw me showers!
Aw, Emma was precious at the party! Thanks for sharing in James' day! And my favorite thing in Emma's Closet is anything monogrammed!
Post a Comment