Sunday, April 4, 2010

Crazy Mornings-We all have them!

This morning was just one of those mornings. I got up a little late, went to let the dogs out and realized someone had thrown up in the sun room-yippee-I got to get the mop out at 6:45! Since I love to mop so much this was just wonderful. After mopping I continued to get ready for work. Since moving I have to leave about 30 minutes earlier then I used to-not too big of a deal but this morning I had to get gas too so I needed to leave even earlier. Emma did cooperate by sleeping until we woke her up to put her in the car. I managed to get out of the house in the right amount of time but the the phone rang-it was Bradley and he said "guess you are not getting much work done today"-I knew immediately that I had left my laptop at home. Circled around, got the laptop and was back on my way. On our way down the interstate Emma looked up at me and said "mommy, I find lion". There was her play lion in her purse and that sentence somehow just made me forget about my whole crazy morning. I think it was the fact that we are finally being able to communicate that made me so happy!
Well enough ranting for now! I downloaded these pictures last night and then got engrossed in Celebrity Apprentice so I didn't get to write. I wanted to post some pictures from our Easter.

Checking out the loot from the Easter Bunny...some candy, sunglasses, crayons and side walk chalk

Because everyone needs to eat sugar coated marshmallows at 8 in the morning! I am sure the nursery workers in church loved that!

We got dressed and went to church. Sadly, I didn't not take any family pictures of us dressed up! Our church started revival on Easter Sunday and our guest preacher was actually our old preacher, Bob Pittman! What a great service! After church we came back to our house for lunch and some egg hunting.
I love the face in this one. Ci Ci and Gaines gave her that headband

and I love that she is still wearing the headband while coloring with Gaines!
Waiting to go hunt eggs. I think by the second time of hunting she had gotten the hang of it!
Somehow she managed to find two people to carry all her loot inside for her. When you are the only person hunting eggs you seem to get a lot of loot!
I am so happy my mom told me to go take this picture. I was busy working on lunch and my mom told me to grab my camera. My grandmother and Bob drove over from Arkansas for lunch and we caught Emma and MaMa coloring before lunch. Spending Easter with my grandparents is such a wonderful memory I have from my childhood and I am so happy my grandmother decided to come over!
After a long 3 hour nap we took Emma out to play with the sidewalk chalk. I think she enjoyed it. I don't love touching chalk-something about the way it feels on your hands-I don't know, I am weird I guess! I gave into my weirdness and colored a little with her and so did Bradley. The weather was so beautiful yesterday it was so hard not to want to spend it outside.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Loved this post since I missed most of that Easter!