1.Our bassinet was probably one of my favorite things. Ours came from Pottery Barn but I think anyone with WHEELS would be great. It was so great for me to roll the bassinet from the living room during the days to the bedroom at night. It fit right beside my bed, so I didn't even have to get up to check on her during the night.
I found this picture while looking through others-there was a time I had to put a blanket over the pack n play for her to nap-don't worry she was in the same room as I was!3. Floor Nanny I am not really sure how I found out about the floor nanny, but I am sure glad I did! It might have been the best money I spent. Emma napped, played, and learned to sit in that thing. It has handles; so for weeks I carried it to work and back home. She loved it when she couldn't sit because you could prop her up and she could look around. It was also great for tummy time. It is still useful now as a giant throw pillow that she can lay/sit in to look at books or watch toons!
4. Stroller/Travel System-We had a Graco travel system (car seat and stroller). The stroller folded really easily and Emma stayed in the car seat until she was about 9 months old. At that time she was getting too heavy to carry around her and that carrier! When we moved to the convertible car seat we bought this stroller-

Didn't Use:
1.Doorway Jumper-we bought a doorway jumper but didn't end up using it that much. I think it is stored under Emma's bed now. Bradley wanted it because he remembered his cousin loving hers so much. Can't really tell you why we didn't use it-I guess Emma just didn't love spending time in it. However, we did have multiple friends ask if they could sit on it and try it out! I don't think they were made to hold up 20somethings.
3. Car entertainment w/ Remote-I tried to find a picture of the one that we bought, but couldn't find it. We got one of those car entertainment things that straps to the headrest and plays music. It had a remote and I thought it would be great in case Emma started throwing a fit and I was in the car by myself and needed to calm her down. Well the remote never really worked and the thing started shorting out very quickly. She ended up being much more entertained with the headrest mirror instead!
3. Bumbo Tray-we used the Bumbo a lot but didn't really end up using the tray that much. Emma figured out how to take it off pretty early so it is not like we could put many things on it-she just threw them off.
Other Random Baby Things that we used:
-I love OxiClean. I add some to all of my kid loads and let it run the soak cycle before washing. I think it is one of the few things that gets baby food stains out of clothes.
-Diaper Genies seem to be one of the most controversial gear items. I really like our Diaper Genie and use it, however, Bradley doesn't use it and just throws them in the trash. So, I guess the controversy lives on at our house too.
-Emma falls asleep to Rock A Bye Baby every night. We downloaded some to our ipod and put a docking station in her room. We take this with us whenever we go out of town and it really calms her down.
Well I hope ya'll enjoyed my opinions on our baby gear. Have a great weekend if I don't get back-going to my reunion this weekend.


2 comments:
Finally a mom that loves a bassinet. We just bought one but I've been reading from quite a few moms that the baby didn't take well to it. Makes me a little nervous since we spent quite a bit of money on the bassinet and I'm looking forward to the comfort and ease of having our little girl right next to me for the first few months. Thanks for your mommy feedback on all the products! I'm due in January :)
Great list!
We are ready to purchase a lighter weight stroller. What brand and name is the stroller you posted? Would love to know! $30 is a great price!!
Post a Comment