Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Fall

Fall is officially here. The weather is cool and I made chili this weekend! I pretty much refuse to make chili in the summer time-way too hot! Bradley loves chili and is always asking for it so when it gets cool I give in.

So, the reunion recap. I had a lot of fun and was really glad that I went. We went to the school on Friday night and watched a little football. Emma really enjoyed going to the game and liked dancing along to the band. Needless to say, she feel asleep on the way home.
We got up on Saturday morning and went to the family brunch at the park. More people came to this event than Friday and it was fun to let the kids play at the playground. After brunch we went and picked up Taylor because she kindly agreed to be our babysitter for Saturday night!

I took advantage of Emma's afternoon nap and Taylor being at our house to go do some shopping by myself-oh wondrous! I was on a hunt for some fall black shoes. See, I am a bit of a shoe fanantic and it is hard for me to pass up a good pair of heels! In fact, I am such a sucker for a cute pair of shoes that I often end up getting ones that hurt my feet-but no worries-I still get their wear out of them. No pain, no gain-right? So after a night on my feet in new heels-my feet were killing me on Sunday.

Saturday night we went to the cocktail reception. This was the event that most people attended. I can understand this because probably if I hadn't had a child that I wanted to wear out we wouldn't have gone to the brunch. I had fun catching up and talking to people I hadn't seen in 10 years.

Moral of this whole story: I was glad I attended my reunion and if you are contemplating attending yours, I would say at least give one event a try!

I made my chili on Sunday night while we watched some football and I am continuing that football watching as I type. As we speak, I am only 3.5 pts. behind in my game and we each have someone from the Vikings playing! Gotta keep my winning streak alive.

Someone was still tired from our weekend this morning.
Other random thoughts I have right now:
-I miss my sister. She is gone on her honeymoon and I can't talk to her-she did g chat with me a little today! I am so used to talking to her everyday that I already miss her. And she won't be back until Saturday!
-we are keeping their dog while they are gone. Courtney, if you are reading this-Emma starting calling him guin guin tonight. She laughs at the dog and then wants him to chase her.


1 comment:

Courtney said...

FINALLY a post! I have been waiting days for it. I miss you too! I will be upset if Emma can say the dog's name better than mine when we get back.