Friday, October 16, 2009

17 months and a Free Weekend

This little miss turned 17 months yesterday. I have given up on the signs. I can't keep her still long enough to hold a sign. I will just have to label my posts with her age milestones and remember that way! She gave me such a good smile last night when I asked to take her picture-surprising since she was actually laying with her dad trying to go to sleep.

I found the following two pictures yesterday when sorting through our 16 month pics. I organize all of my pictures through Kodak Gallery and at the end of every month I send out the previous month's photos to our family. That way they can see the pictures we have taken, even if they don't make it to the blog. So, I found these two that never made it but I thought were cute.
The first...I have been trying to work on getting Emma to say "Trick or Treat". She just laughs at me when I ask her to say it! We haven't made a lot of progress on it, but she loves toting that pumpkin around.
Yes, I broke down and bought my child riding boots. I don't even have any, but Emma does! My sister will probably hate them because she tends to not like fad items. I do think they are super cute and will look really cute with tights!
Here Emma is with Granddaddy, or Gran da as she is now calling him, and our two office dogs. Buck and Sue have adopted our office as their new home and Emma really loves them. She looks for them out the window all of the time!

Well, Emmy is gone for the weekend and I don't even know where to start. What am I going to do with my time? She loaded up in the car to go to the lake with Honey and Granddaddy this weekend. This morning as I was getting ready I was thinking of all of the things that I could get done this weekend.

-paint the front door

-redo the bathroom (yeah, that is a pretty tall order)

-touch up house paint (painting would be much easier w/out a baby around)

-SLEEP IN

-sew

-go to a MOVIE-don't think we have done that is 17 months!

I even thought I might go ahead and make progress on my home improvements and go straight to Home Depot after work. Well, now it is nearing 3 in the afternoon and I am thinking I will probably just go home and get ready to go eat some Mexican with our friends! Yes, we love to resort to Mexican on a Friday night.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

tgillock said...

Mexican on a Friday night without Children is almost like going to Mexico for a vacation to me, hehehehe! Enjoy your free time!!

Heather said...

OH my goodness, she is so cute in those boots!! Precious, happy 17 months!!