Pulling up on everything. We now have a mobile baby. No room is safe, no spot is high enough for the dogs (the couch used to be a very safe place)

Emma's playroom post Christmas. I purposely put her playroom in the back of the house so I would not feel like I had to have it cleaned up all of the time. Since she only spends about 30 seconds per toy anyway, I would spend my whole day following her around picking up toys if I felt they needed to be in order!

Trying out our new highchair! Emma is chewing on some celery here. She really likes chewing on these hard things like celery and carrots. She is about to get some teeth on the bottom so I can only assume this feels good on her gums. Don't worry, the celery sticks are long and we sit with her when ever she is chewing on them.


Look who is lurking in the background waiting for her to drop that celery. By the way, it did get dropped, and it did get eaten!
Celery and Sweet Potato Puffs...Yum.
Right now we are watching the Fiesta Bowl...college football is coming to an end and I am so sad. What will I do after football is over. We are not baseball fans and the summer months are so long without football. I am also cooking a whole chicken and making some stock for a soup that I am making tomorrow night. I thought I would share the recipe. My sister gave it to me and it is so easy and so good. Bradley even loves it and he is super picky!
Chicken and Cheese Soup
3-4 chicken breast
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup chopped onion
4 tablespoons of butter
salt and pepper
1 lb of velveeta (low fat works just as well)
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk
In a pot, cook chicken in water. Save broth. In a large sauce pan, melt butter. Add carrots, celery and onion. Sauté for 15 min (actually I skipped saute the veggies b/c I had them in my broth to add the flavor). Add broth,seasonings and simmer for 10 minutes. Add chicken. Stir in velveeta and milk, making sure you don’t boil soup as milk will curdle.
So good and great on a cold night!



5 comments:
You are a blog queen! When I saw your post about 100 posts, I checked mine and I am only at like 94 or so. I think I started mine before you. Man! You are good! I am down to like one every 10 days or so. Oh well! Looks like you guys had a great Holiday and a fun New Years! Hope we can get together soon!
Deaner said that soup sounded great so I think I am going to have to make it next week! We have already gone to the grocery store for the week! Yum! I can't believe how big Emma has gotten and I haven't even met her yet!
In fact, I just copied down the recipe into my new Recipe book I just got that is SO cute. I bought recipe notecards and they slip into a plastic sleeve inside. Do y'all have Tuesday Morning's (the store) in Memphis?
I cannot get over how much Emma has grown and how quickly she seems to be hitting all of her milestones. She must be an overachiever like her mommy.
By the way your Christmas card was precious!
I can not believe how big she is getting!! ANd so freaking cute!! She is going to be walking in no time!!
Post a Comment