Here is our first attempt at the pallet. She went to sleep at around her normal time and even slept in her pallet for about an hour. Then she woke up-here is where the trouble started.

Once she woke up she didn't want to go back to sleep. And you think those pillows held her back, NO WAY! She was out of that barrier in no time. I made an attempt at letting her fall asleep beside me in bed then I would move her-nope, she thought it was play time. We very rarely let Emma in our bed and when we do, we are usually playing with her. For this reason, this attempt at getting her to fall asleep did not work either. Finally, at around 11ish I built the following pallet on the floor for both of us. That's right-Emma and I had our first slumber party right there on the floor. Once I got down there with her she fell asleep just fine. I guess she didn't think it was going to be fair for me to sleep in the bed and her on the floor.



**On a side note, we are having trouble getting Emma to use sippy cups. Does anyone have any suggestions of good brands to try. I think she has gotten lazy using her bottle and just bites down on the nipples instead of sucking, so when I give her sippy cups she doesn't want to put forth the effort to get any liquid out. I would appreciate any help anyone could give me!

4 comments:
Grace will only use the nuk sippy cups. The best part is the are on about $2 at wal-mart.
Pallet party! I love it. Jackson still sleeps in his pack and play when we are away from home. I have never tried sleeping on the floor with him, but I will definitely remember this whenever I am without again.
We use the Gerber sippy cups, but I remember trying several until he found the one that worked for him.
Ok, well I am laughing outloud at myself because when I first starting reading this post and you were talking about making a mistake and the pallet, I looked at the picture and saw NO EMMA on the pallet! I thought the mistake was you let her run away or something!! Thank goodness that wasn't the mistake!!
I'm with Jessica on the nuk cups. It's a good transition to get cups with a soft top since it's more like a nipple. Jacob also likes the ones with straws. We gave him water through a straw at a restaurant (holding the end so the water stays in and letting it go in his mouth). Ever since, he became obsessed with straws, so the cups with straws are a big hit with him. Of course, you are getting this advice from a mom who's 16 month old is still drinking his milk from a bottle. He drinks juice and water fine from cups, but milk has to be in a bottle. It's going to be a hard week at the Ray house when I finally throw the bottles away. Agghh...
Post a Comment