Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I thought we lived in the South?

Anyone that has read this blog for any length of time knows that Bradley and I love to vacation in the snow.  I am pretty sure that since I have known Bradley there has not been a year that he hasn't been snowboarding at least once a year-well, except this year! 

So we love the snow but also love that we live in the South and the climate that comes with it.  This winter has been CRAZY!  I don't know for sure but I really think it has snowed here at least 3 times maybe more-and that is real snow that stays on the ground.  We woke up yesterday and it was snowing-huge snowflakes that covered the ground quickly.  We decided not to take Emma to school really because we thought we might have to turn around and go back and get her pretty soon.  The snow did cover the streets but it didn't stay too long.  She could havegone to school but it didn't hurt her to stay home either!  And we are suppose to get another winter storm starting tomorrow!
My mom and I ventured out in the afternoon to take Anna Claire to her first doctor's appointment. 
Her 3 day stats:
weight: 7lbs, 1 oz-25th percentile
height: 20 inches-25th percentile
head is in the 50th percentile

we will take her back when she is 2 weeks old. 
As of now she has been a pretty easy baby.  She is usually waking up about every three hours to eat.  She usually stays awake for 30 minutes to an hour after she eats and then she is out again.  This is pretty much what she does day and night so I really can't complain-I am getting some decent sleep!

In our car seat ready to go to the doctor.
 While we went to the doctor Emma stayed with Bradley.  He had told her that she could go out and play in the snow so that is what they did.  I asked him to get a picture of her with the sign in our yard.  When we pulled up on Saturday Emma said "there is a big duck in our yard".  My mom and sister are the responsible parties for the stork in the yard.  I love it-there is a story behind it.  When Courtney was born someone got a similar sign at my parent's house.  We have a picture on it with me standing beside it with my new Cabbage Patch doll.  I will have to try and get my mom to find the picture and post it. 

No comments: