We went ahead and let Emma wear her Christmas PJs to our Christmas Eve party. The hope was that she would fall asleep on the way home and she would already be ready for bed. She didn't fall asleep but it didn't take long once we got home!
We had made cookies earlier in the day (when she didn't take that nap) and she loaded up a plate for Santa.
It is always important to test the Santa cookies!
Bradley still had shopping to do on Christmas Eve so he was out and about running around alot of the day. When he came home he had a early surprise for all of us!
Since my sister and I were born my mom has gotten us our own ornament each year. Our Christmas trees were never themed or color coded but rather filled with ornaments from each year. When we got married my mom gave us our boxes of ornaments to put on our own trees. Every year I look forward to getting into my box and pulling out ornaments from each year. Each one gives a little glimpse into what we were into at that time in our lives.
This year I pretty much failed on the mission to get us ornaments. We kept taking about going to get them but never made it to Hallmark. Bradley totally picked up the slack and picked us each up an ornament while he was out. I know there must have been slim pickings in the selection but he did a great job!
Emma got Ariel-her current favorite Disney Princess!
He picked a school for me so I could remember this year as the year that Emma started big girl school.
He found an ornament from The Christmas Story for himself. This was perfect since he already had a leg lamp ornament from a previous year.
Thanks for saving our Ornament Tradition!







No comments:
Post a Comment