Delilah was our first baby. Bradley got her for me in July of 2003-right after I graduated college. I can always remember when I got Delilah because the first few days I had her Memphis experience crazy straight line winds that knocked out power to most of the city for weeks. I was standing outside urging Delilah to go to the bathroom before the storm started. By the time she had went and I got back inside to get ready to go to work, the power went out and I couldn't get my car out of the garage. I lucked out by staying in my house during the storm-instead of being out on the road!
I wish I had some puppy pictures of Delilah-I can't find any on my computer.

Delilah remained an only dog until after we got married in 2006. In July of that year we decided we needed two dogs! So Bradley went a got us a Golden Retriever. Now I love Delilah, but Cassidy has been one of the best dogs I could ever ask for-especially with a baby! Besides the shedding-I don't have a complaint about her.
And I will say she was an adorable puppy!

She quickly outgrew Delilah and now is not so much of a puppy anyone. However, she still thinks she only weighs 5 pounds and is meant to be a lap dog. She sleeps on the end of our bed every night with no regards to her being so big that it is actually like adding a whole other person to our bed.
And just because I thought it was only fair that each dog get at least one picture of just them I had to add a picture of Cassidy doing what she loves-playing in the water.
I thought I would take this chance while I am talking about our dogs to talk about a cause very close to our hearts, The Memphis Area Golden Retriever Rescue. Before we had Emma we very much enjoyed fostering Golden Retrievers in our home. These were dogs that had been abandoned and where waiting to find a forever home. We had 10 dogs go through our house in a year and being a foster totally opened my eyes to the land of rescue dogs. All of these dogs were just looking for someone to love them and that they could love back. I can without a doubt say that our next dog will come from a rescue group! If you are considering adding an animal to your family please considering adopting from a rescue. If you want more info please look in your local area for rescue groups or email me and I can tell you more about rescue. Below is Cassidy chilling with one of our fosters. For us, one of the best parts about being a foster was that Cassidy always had someone to play with. We will return to the foster program sometime, we just took a break when we had the baby.
So yes, the baby! The dogs did great when we brought her home. They were kinda curious but honestly, I think they were just happy to have us back in the house when being gone at the hospital.
I do think the first few weeks and lack of sleep took their toll on Cassidy as well!
and just because there was a new baby Delilah was not giving up her spot in the chair.
Now that Emma is a toddler she is really enjoying the dogs. I have witnesses many games of chase between Emma and Cassidy. Delilah does not enjoy playing with Emma like Cassidy does but she tolerates the "pets" from her.
So yes, the baby! The dogs did great when we brought her home. They were kinda curious but honestly, I think they were just happy to have us back in the house when being gone at the hospital.
I do think the first few weeks and lack of sleep took their toll on Cassidy as well!
and just because there was a new baby Delilah was not giving up her spot in the chair.
Now that Emma is a toddler she is really enjoying the dogs. I have witnesses many games of chase between Emma and Cassidy. Delilah does not enjoy playing with Emma like Cassidy does but she tolerates the "pets" from her.


2 comments:
Beautiful dogs! And cute baby! :)
Awww..the fur babies got their own post - Love it!
Post a Comment