Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

Our little bumble bee had a pretty fun time trick or treating this year. Last year, she was only about 5 months old at Halloween so we didn't really get into it! If we had taken her to anyone's house it would have been pretty obvious that Bradley and I were just coming for the candy.


This year we starting practicing saying "trick or treat". She never really got it but would say "treat" and then would say bye when leaving every house.

We started out our evening by going over to CeCe's house. What a great house to stop at first. She let Emma pick out as much candy as she wanted!

Next we ventured over to my parent's neighborhood to trick or treat. I have come to the conclusion that they have a great neighborhood for Halloween. Zero lot line houses allow you to cover more houses in a shorter amount of time! This was a huge plus when you have someone that doesn't walk that fast to begin with!
At every house that had windows Emma would peak in to see if anyone was coming. She didn't really like the houses that had dogs that barked when we knocked. The picture below looks like she is saying "where are they"

Of course, she got her pick of candy and MiMi and Daddy Mac's house also! They were pretty brave letting her pick out all of that candy considering she was spending the night at their house.
After all of that hard work (and some sugar filled candy) our little bee still had the energy to run home!
Emma stayed at MiMi and Daddy Mac's so Bradley and I could go to a party with Courtney and Gaines on Saturday night. The theme of the party was dead celebrities and there were some good costumes! I stole this picture from Gaines' facebook because I didn't take any pictures. Bradley and I were the fired refs from the SEC. You can't really see but I have a sticker that says "I Love FL Gators" and I made us SEC patches for our shirts. Courtney and Gaines put a little more thought into their costumes and went as Wendy and Colonel Sanders. They had cups from their respective restaurants and everything!

1 comment:

Wendy Ray said...

Cute little Bumble Bee! I love that "where are they?" picture! And, I've been meaning to tell you how much I love that new photo on your header - precious! We need new family photos - my header photo is over a year old! So much to do, so little time...