We started out last Sunday with a small celebration fantasy football draft and dinner, complete with a cookie cake. Side note about the cookie cake...You know how when you are always in a hurry that is when people want to hold you up? Well, last Sunday I am in a big hurry. We got home from the lake a little later than I thought we would and then I had to run to the grocery to get ready for our guest. I couldn't be late getting home because we had a draft starting at 4 and I couldn't miss my pick! Well I go through the grocery at record speed (all because of a good list). I pick up a cookie cake in the bakery and make my way to the checkout-doing great on time! Well, that is where the hangup occurs. The checker wanted to make comments about all of my purchases. She told me she didn't like the chips I picked out. She asked me if I knew that they would engrave my cake in the bakery-really, they are going to engrave this cake??? Then she asked if I was getting this blue and white cake for the Memphis game? Guess no one told her the game is a week away and those cookie cakes don't stay fresh that long. At this point I was getting a bit annoyed with all of the comments but simply said "No, I think my husband would appreciate this blue cake more than the pink Hannah Montana one! I did make it home in time for the draft but I wouldn't call that a record grocery trip. I will stay away from that checker in the future. BTW, I like the chips I bought thank you very much.
Monday Bradley got to pick anywhere for dinner he wanted-he picked sushi! What a great husband-when he can pick whatever he wants-it just happens to be one of my favs too. Yesterday was pretty uneventful because we had another fantasy draft last night. Tonight we are going to eat dinner with my parents and Gaines and Courtney. Gaines' birthday was last weekend so we are celebrating together. I will let you in on more celebrations as they happen. Don't want to spoil any surprises!
If you haven't noticed, it is harder and harder to get Emma to pose for pictures with signs lately. So today I decided we would work on a sign to give to daddy and I could get some pictures of the process. Coloring usually keeps her attention for a minute. 

Sometimes all her activity makes me miss these days...the immobile days...
but I wouldn't trade chasing little miss around for anything. Yes, sometimes I come home with headaches or the need to have a glass of wine while cooking dinner but just one little sweet thing from that child makes me forget all the stressful things.


1 comment:
Happy Birthday Bradley!! I am laughing out loud about that checker - doesn't it just kill you...last time I was there a woman that worked there stopped to tell me that my baby was "chuncky." I could not believe she would say that to me!! haha
have fun with your celebration!
Post a Comment