Our mantel and fake fireplace. It took me until this past Friday, but I finally found Emma a "Baby's First Christmas" stocking. What do you put in baby's stockings? I was wondering that...I would appreciate any ideas.
Our tree with our ornaments. When I was growing up my mom had this tradition that every year we would get to go to Hallmark and pick out an ornament. We could pick out whatever we wanted-just as long as it had the year on it. When I moved into my own house my mom gave me the box of ornaments and now they hang on our tree. We have continued this tradition and here are our ornaments from this year:
Bradley got the leg lamp (from the Christmas Story). There is a button on the back and it says three different quotes from the movie

I picked a Lady and the Tramp ornament. This is actually my second Lady ornament. Lady makes me think of Delilah (when she has her haircut)
My favorite part about Christmas is Christmas Cards!!! I love sending them and love receiving them. I love coming home from work and opening all the cards and hanging them on my garland. If you have sent us a card it is up on this garland.

Please excuse my messy counter top. Like I said, it was crafty Saturday and I was working on some gifts. I will post some pics of my crafts after the holidays-don't want to ruin any surprises!
Here are the decorations in Emma's room. Her mini tree contains sparkly ornaments I bought a few years ago. I think I made that angel on top of her tree in like 2nd grade. My mom was so good about saving things! We used to have mini trees in our rooms growing up and this angel always topped my tree. Emma has two special ornaments that we were given this year that are on her tree.


This ornament came from the Granthams. Mary K is so thoughtful and sent this to Emma. She has a little boy, James, who was born about 2 months before Emma. I have no idea how she found the time to get these done, but we really love it!

This ornament came from Stephanie and Mike. They really gave it to me but I wanted to share it with Emma and put it on her tree-I don't think they will mind!

This ornament came from the Granthams. Mary K is so thoughtful and sent this to Emma. She has a little boy, James, who was born about 2 months before Emma. I have no idea how she found the time to get these done, but we really love it!
This ornament came from Stephanie and Mike. They really gave it to me but I wanted to share it with Emma and put it on her tree-I don't think they will mind!
This is my (now Emma's) American Girl doll. She is all dressed up for winter. I don't think it will ever get cold enough in Memphis to actually dress like this.

Last but not least are the Dickens/Alpine Village. I used to set up my mom's collection at my house but now I have enough to set up my own. I didn't do the whole set up with the lights and snow this year, but I set it up enough to enjoy my buildings. I couldn't really find a good spot this year, so I cleared some shelves on a bookcase and put them there.

Last but not least are the Dickens/Alpine Village. I used to set up my mom's collection at my house but now I have enough to set up my own. I didn't do the whole set up with the lights and snow this year, but I set it up enough to enjoy my buildings. I couldn't really find a good spot this year, so I cleared some shelves on a bookcase and put them there.
This is the building Bradley got my last year. It was my first year to display this building and I think it is really pretty. I think it is like a town hall or something. It is from the Alpine Village collection and the name is like German so I am not totally sure!
Hope you enjoyed our Christmas 2008 tour. My goal for this week is try to blog every day-yeah right-but I can hope! So stay tuned to see if I actually do it.
Two announcements on blogs to check out-their links are on the left
1. The Bethells-Jen and Pickney welcomed their new baby girl on Thursday. Lilly Ann finally made her appearance and we are all so happy she is here. Jen said she will be updating her blog with pics soon. They came home from the hospital on Saturday so we will cut her some slack.
2. Gleatie and Deaner-Gleatie is one of my best friends from Ole Miss. She and and Deaner are getting married in April and then moving to Germany. She is a great writer so I am sure you will enjoy reading about her adventures! She is new to the blogging world so welcome her.

No comments:
Post a Comment