1. Elfo's-in Germantown where Three Oaks used to be. I had a filet and asparagus that were great. I would have to say the highlight of my meal was the wedge salad with homemade Thousand Island Dressing! This was probably the best dressing I have ever had.
2. Ruth Chris-great steaks-once again I had filet and asparagus, guess I am a creature of habit. I had a tomato and fresh mozzarella salad and it was good. I know that they have my fav dessert at Ruth Chris-bread pudding-but we didn't get dessert b/c it was CB's birthday so we went back to my parent's house for some birthday cake (from Muddy's-YUM!). More on Courtney's birthday in a minute.
3. Flemings-this was my first time to eat at Flemings for dinner. We ate there last year for Easter Brunch and it really wasn't that good(there was a set brunch menu). Dinner at Flemings was much better. We had the crab cakes for an appetizer-YUM! I would definitely suggest these, they would make a great dinner teamed with a salad. Speaking of salad-tomato and fresh mozzarella salad-this was the 2nd best tomato/mozzarella salad I had ever had! The best one is at Pascal Manales in New Orlenas-you just can't beat Cajun tomatoes! I went for the Ribeye at Flemings and it was great. Asparagus at Flemings again-probably the best out of the three. Dessert was the flour-less chocolate cake-wonderful but really rich-and you have to tell them 15 minutes before you want it served.
Now that I have given my reviews of some of Memphis' fine dining, I will move onto Courtney's birthday. Like I said before, we went to Ruth Chris for CB's birthday. I tried to keep Emma awake alot of Saturday because I wanted her to sleep during dinner. It worked pretty well, she slept until the very end of the meal. After dinner we went back to my parent's house for cake and presents so it was fine that Emma was awake there.
Emma and Gaines

No comments:
Post a Comment