Thursday, March 15, 2012

Throwing in a dessert

I have pinned multiple dessert recipes but I just don't make tons of desserts.  Not because we don't like to eat them but I guess because I buy desserts for lunches, etc. and I don't want lots of extras around the house.  The next recipe looked too good not to try and it was definitely too good not to share!
Cake Batter Blondies
Emma helped me make these last Sunday.  Her favorite part was putting the food coloring into the icing and making it change colors.  She thought it was the greatest thing!  Everything about the recipe was wonderful-from the icing to the white chocolate in the blondies-everything was awesome!

On that same Sunday I decided to make Cheesy Chicken Lasagna.
I was happy this was a fairly easy lasagna recipe.  I don't make traditional lasagna so I was a little apprehensive about trying this one but I sure happy that I tried it.  Bradley gave it two thumbs up and it is happy to put it on the menu any night.  In fact, this looks so great coming out of the oven I think it could be served for a nice meal.  Another good idea for this one would be taking to a friend or neighbor.  I cut the recipe in half because there was only two of us eating but it was oh so good!


1 comment:

The Bethell Family said...

I am coming over for dinner!