Monday, March 12, 2012

A Hit and Re-route

Time to talk some recipes...
The hit...Baked Potato Soup
I made this during the day on Saturday, had some with my dinner and took some to my mom.  After I did that there was plenty to bag up and freeze.  I froze three large ziploc bags (two of which I will give away) and two small ziploc bags.  Bradley is not a huge soup fan so I don't think I can convince him to eat this meal all the time which is the reason I put some in small bags so I could use for individual servings.  Recipe...great!  Easy to make...check!  I don't have an immersion blender so I used my regular blender and it was just as easy.  I will admit that I used three blocks of cream cheese instead of two, but who is going to argue about extra creamy!  I would highly recommend this recipe.  If you don't want lots of leftovers, I suggest cutting recipe in half or be prepared to freeze or take a meal to a friend.

Ok, now for the re-route.  I didn't want to call this one a miss because I will make it again but I think I will use it for something other than what is called for on pinterest.
Cilantro Lime Dressing
I tried this on a salad this weekend and it was good.  I probably should have made it a little thinner (more olive oil) but the taste was right so I stopped adding.  Like I said, it was good, but I have another go to salad dressings that I love more.  This had very few ingredients and I love that it contained lots of cilantro, which is one of my favorite herbs.  I plan on trying this as a chicken marinade this week and I think it will serve it well.

1 comment:

The Bethell Family said...

OMG THIS IS SO GOOD TOO!!!