We had to do some preparations for school. She has to wear closed toe and closed heel shoes so I set out on Saturday to find some new shoes. I check around at a couple of stores only to find that most people are still carrying sandals...makes sense since it is still 100 degrees! She has tennis shoes but I want another option. I finally ended up at the shoe store where I knew I would find something.

Our other big change has been our lovie situation. I have gotten pretty lax and I let Emma really bring whatever she wants to work with us. Most days that includes 2 lovies, a blanket and a baby doll. I know, I know it is so much stuff but it easier than fighting about it. Well school only wanted one lovie so I let her pick from my stash of lovies that I have for Emma's Closet and she picked a new elephant that would only go to school. So far so good on that situation also. The first day we sent the 2 pink lamb lovies but they didn't have to get them out of her bag!

We have to label everything that she takes so I invested in some waterproof labels from Doodle Bugs. I highly recommend the company-they have such cute stuff and I got my labels so quick. I think I will be going back for some teacher notes soon!

Finally, here is our first day picture. I know she is holding all of her lovies in the pictures but the pink ones went to her bag after this. She was in such a hurry to get into school this is the best picture I got of her. Once we pulled up in the parking lot she didn't want to wait for anymore pictures.

Here we are on the second day. I am not going to take a picture everyday but I wanted one with her holding the school bag and this morning she wasn't running in the door!


And just so I don't get a lot of comments from my Ole Miss friends about her Tennessee dress-she actually wore her Ole Miss dress first-this weekend! The picture below was Saturday. And she didn't pick her dress this morning because it was UT she picked it because she wanted to wear the dog dress! Since we live in a split household when SEC football is concerned I have to be fair about buying my daughter's outfits!



1 comment:
She looks so cute Em!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE her outfits!!
Post a Comment