Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Santa came!

Emma really got into Santa more this year.  We had an Elf on the Shelf that reported to Santa about our behavior and sometimes came back from the North Pole with little gifts from Santa.  For about a month before Christmas if a commercial came on TV or she saw something at a store she would say you would like to ask Santa for that.  I told her that we would go see Santa and she could tell him but really I doubted she would agree to sit on his lap, considering she has never agreed to this before!  
She had told me that she wanted a Lalaloopsy doll and also a puppet theater and the arrangements had been made!  Well then Santa came to her school party.  She didn't sit on his lap but did stand beside him and told him that she wanted a barbie doll-no problem!  She kept asking about going to see Santa so we went to the mall on Tuesday before Christmas.  Well she jumped right up on his lap and after pictures continued to sit and tell him what she wanted which had changed.  Her list now included a Disney Princess Castle!  I was kind of afraid this was going to happen-she had mentioned the castle multiple times to me but I thought she would forget about it.  Guess I was wrong.  I talked to Bradley later that night and well you can see what happened...

 There was some switching of some presents, Santa had to work on that castle into the wee hours of Christmas Eve, and some late night wrapping took place.  In the end it was all worth it on Christmas morning!




 I loved that Emma was so excited about everything you got.  It is so special to see that excitement through a child's eyes.
 So I like this picture of Bradley unwrapping one of his gifts-not because of what he is about to see but because of what Anna Claire is doing in the background.  She is gathering up all of the food that she got in her stocking!  This describes her perfectly right now.  She is constantly eating and constantly moving.  When we eat meals she is definitely the better eater out of our two girls.

No comments: