Since Christmas Eve fell on Saturday it gave me plenty of time to get things done during the day. I needed the make dishes for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day get togethers, so I spent most of the morning in the kitchen. These cookies are my new go to. They are easy and super yummy. Hot cocoa cookies-I found the recipe on Pinterest but then saw it in the Rachel Ray magazine this month. I also made a pecan pie in a cast iron skillet for Christmas Day. This pecan pie takes about 5 hours to make but it is worth every minute! If you are making this pie be prepared to serve it in the skillet-there is not really a way to get it out before slicing.
I had this cute little helper with me in the kitchen!
We went to church at 4 and then came home for a little while before heading out to family stuff. Emma needed to go ahead and put out her Reindeer food so the reindeer could find their way!
By the time it was ready to leave for our family event all the kids in our house were fast asleep. I hate waking up a sleeping kid but we didn't have a choice on this one. I have to say that both girls behaved very well considering we had to wake them up. We got home just in time for Emma to put cookies out for Santa and jump into bed.
Good thing those girls went to bed early because Santa had a pretty big project to work on...









1 comment:
Your tree looks so good!!! Merry Christmas!!
Post a Comment