Bradley's birthday was this past weekend. We were suppose to go to the lake for his birthday but one of the dogs was sick and we just couldn't put her in the car for three hours. We figured this out late Friday afternoon and I scrambled around and threw together a small surprise party for Bradley. I think the biggest surprise might have been his birthday gift-a Big Green Egg. I have been looking at these for him for a while and I thought his 30th birthday was a great time to get it! As I am writing this we have owned the Egg for three days and he has cooked on it each day! I have to say that I think it is pretty cool.
Bradley cooked wings for his party while we watched football. He has also cooked us some burgers and a whole chicken. We are going to try pizza later in the week. He told me that he is never going to use the other grill again!
So the birthday party was on game day-the first game day of the year. I have missed football so much! I so enjoy our lazy Saturdays around the house, cooking great food and watching football. I have to say that I don't know if Emma has bought into our game day routine yet. She was playing in her room and I was picking up her play room so I turned on a game on the TV in the playroom. I happened to leave the room and left the game on. I little while later Emma came running to me and telling me the TV in the playroom was broken. She said that she turned it on and off and on and off and football just kept coming on! Guess she hasn't learned to love the game yet...however, I do make sure she looked presentable for game day. or at least I tried. I put out these four choices for her to pick from and I am happy to report that she did pick the Ole Miss Megaphone dress-she calls it the screamer dress. However, my guest will tell you that my daughter ran around in her swimsuit most of the day. We had told her that she could go swimming but the pool was dirty and it just didn't get clean in time.
The youngest member of the family did participate in the game day attire! She has fewer choices for Saturdays and she can't speak up as to what she wants to wear yet so I guess whoever dresses her on Saturday gets to pick who she will cheer for. Not as many choices because her mom has not bought her any UT stuff to wear!





No comments:
Post a Comment