Thursday, September 8, 2011

Anna Claire lately

Anna Claire is now 7 months old and she is everywhere!  She quickly became mobile and can pretty much get where she wants.  She would much rather furniture surf while standing to crawling.  In fact, she doesn't really crawl in the traditional way.  She has a half crawl half walk kinda thing going on.  It is so weird to watch but it gets her where she wants to go!  
We started eating baby foods and she loves them.  Really the only thing we have found that she doesn't like is green peas and I really can't blame her!  Still no teeth yet but I don't really mind because then I don't have to deal with the teething yet.  This past weekend we had someone bring a fruit tray over for the ballgames and I threw the leftover fruit in the food processor and she loved getting some other fruits-she got strawberries and watermelon that she has never had!
We have some babbling going on but no real words yet.  She says something that sounds like ma ma sometimes and also I have heard something that sounds like emma.  I think one of those two things will be her first words.  I going to put my money on emma-she loves her sister!  I see her crawling down the hall just trying to keep up with her all the time. 
Anna Claire has gotten to be a good sleeper lately.  We usually get between 11 and 12 hours a night.  That could have something to do with the oatmeal we give her before bed.  When we went on vacation she got way off on her sleep and was waking up in the middle of the night.  It took us about a week to get back on schedule but we are back now.  You just don't realize what getting up for just 45 minutes in the middle of the night does to you the next day.
Anna Claire is enjoying be back at school.  This fall she has about 8-10 kids in her class, compared to the 2 this summer.  I think she really likes all of the activity going on in her room.  Every morning when we put her down she crawls right to the kids sitting on the floor and usually tries to steal something from them.  I guess she is probably learning that from her sister.
No stats this month...we will go back to the doctor at 9 months.






No comments: