Thursday, May 27, 2010

New Ideas and Growing Success

I would say the terrible twos are definitely upon us. It seemed like as soon as Emma turned two the fits started. She will just start throwing fits for the littlest of things. Sometimes I just have to laugh at her which usually just makes it worse! So, I have had to find some more things to do with her at the office to entertain her. The other day we built a tent using her table. She seemed to enjoy that and played under it for oh, about 5 minutes! She did however ask me for a tent again today so I guess tents will start eating up a few minutes of each of our days. She likes to sit in the tent and color.

She also found a old camera in Granddaddy's desk and likes to go around and tell people to say "cheese". You think she gets photographed much?
I went to our local Farmer's Market on Tuesday. Not too much in the way of produce yet-at least not the produce we eat. See, I have a VERY picky eater of a husband. He is not a veggie person at all, so I try not to over buy veggies b/c it is going to be up to me to eat them and I don't want them to go to waste. I did score some local honey, homemade strawberry jelly and squash. I don't mind eating all of the squash and have had it the past two nights!
At our house we are trying to do a little gardening also. We are growing lettuce, tomatoes, squash and okra in the garden. Then I have a separate large pot with herbs. The herbs are doing the best. Look at the harvest of basil I got the other day-that stuff is growing like crazy!
I used the basil to make a flavored olive oil with garlic and Cayenne pepper. I found the recipe in my new Food Network mag. I thought it tasted so good I decided to use it over my tomatoes and mozzarella!
I also have dill, rosemary and cilantro in the pot. I have used some of everything except the cilantro so far-it is not far enough a long yet.

No comments: