Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Since we have been out of town so much the past two months we decided to stay at home for the long Memorial Day Weekend. We had a nice relaxing weekend and got in lots of pool time.
We had some friends over on Saturday and this is the only picture I managed to take. I was keeping my camera inside to keep it safe from the splashing kiddos!
On Sunday when Emma went down for her nap I decided I was going to tackle this piece of furniture. We have had it for a long time and one time I started painting it but quit b/c it got moved to storage. At the new house we decided it would have a new home on the screened in porch and would be a perfect place to store towels, pool toys, etc. Here is the before picture...
There were some breaks taken for splashing when munchkin woke up! Here she is showing off her "big jump". Basically that means jumping off the side.
At the end of the day, after lots of swimming, playing and painting I had a finished piece of furniture-well I still have to find drawer pulls. I added some green accent to the piece b/c my patio chairs have a green fabric on them.
Now we are just waiting for the ipod docking station to arrive and the piece will serve its full purpose!
I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend.

2 comments:

Stacey Hays said...

I was looking at anthropologie's website yesterday...they have tons of cute knobs! BTW love the piece!

The Bethell Family said...

WOW that looks great em!!! And GO EMMA!!!! It looks like she was loving the pool!!! YEAH!!