Thursday, May 20, 2010

Getting Ready for our Party

Well I would like to report that the most successful happy of the birthday week was a balloon that we bought at the dollar store on Thursday. And would you guess that balloon is still floating today-a week later!

I didn't talk about it last week because I don't like to broadcast when we are out of town but Bradley was in Vegas for most of the week. He got home Friday afternoon and we really got to work on the party for Saturday. There is just something about braving Wal-Mart after work with a toddler that I pick to avoid. I put off my grocery/supply trip until Friday night so I could go at it alone! After I got home and we put Emma to bed, Bradley and I started making these cake pops for Emma's party. I have to thank my friend, Ashley, for telling me about them! They turned out pretty good and Emma said they looked like Cookie Monster so that is really all that mattered.
Saturday morning we got up and took Emma to Chick fil a for her birthday and let her play on the playground-she loves her some slides.
After breakfast it was back home for some napping (Emma) and cleaning and preparing for the party. Not that the table is so interesting but I wanted to take a picture once we got the cake pops displayed. I know you can see some of the Styrofoam but I only had so many mini cookies to hide it with.
We got a cookie cake for the party since what goes better with the Cookie Monster theme than a cookie cake?

up next....party pictures!

3 comments:

Michael & Ashley said...

The cake pops look GREAT! I am so happy they turned out for you. Happy Birthday, Emma!

Shannon said...

Precious...I actually found those cake pops on bakerella's site the other day and fell in love. You did a great job!

Tiffany Lockette said...

What a great job you did. You should give yourself a pat on the back. Hope Emma had a great birthday!